Tuesday, February 13, 2018

HOME-HOME AGAIN

After a three day drive we arrived home in AB at 4:45 on Sunday afternoon.  It was terribly cold! -28ºF.  What an adjustment!  We quickly unpacked the car, turned up the heat; the house was warm enough because S. had turned up the heat for us but as cold as we were we wanted MORE HEAT!  The gas fireplace in the living room was not working for some reason.  Later we found out that the gas for all of the area had been abruptly turned off in November when a construction crew for a new subdivision breached a gas line.  Today the gas co. rep. came and relit the pilot light for us.

Today the temps rose to right around freezing.  A BIG IMPROVEMENT!

Today was the regular meeting of the quilt club here in town and it was a treat for me to go and be warmly welcomed back by my quilting friends.  We always have such a good time together--lots of teasing and joking, lots of laughter, plus a nice Valentine's treat for tea time in the afternoon.

I finished the two blocks for the quilt we plan to donate to the Seniors' Outreach for a raffle to help support them with their budget shortfall.  There were a lot of upgrades to the hall where we meet, resulting in a major deficit for that group.  We're trying to help.

Then I also made a block for a quilt I plan to make:

I had a lot of trouble making the block (the top one of the two) and felt like I was having a really "dumb" day!  But in the end if turned out o.k.  I kind of like using more of the different black/white fabrics in this block.  I'll see how many I can make before the material runs out.  I plan a 40" x 52" lap quilt (approx.) to donate.  We'll see how it goes.

This photo should be lightened, but I have such trouble with my iPhoto, that I hardly dare do something like that--it so often produces "black screen."

I bought an iPad last week and am in the process of setting it up.  NOT EASY!  But it would be very handy to be able to travel with just an iPad rather than the laptop.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment